Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shanghai Restaurant Week March 6, 2012

Shanghai Restaurant Week is the Chinese version of Toronto's Summerlicious or Winterlicious. You-know-who and I decided to take advantage of the fancy restaurants' deeply discounted set menus. I knew all my readers would have been disappointed if we hadn't. Esther and I selected Jimmy's Kitchen as the spot at which to indulge ourselves. I know, we just don't do it enough. 

The Jinjiang hotel that houses Jimmy's Kitchen.



One of the pretty Art Deco buildings that make up the Jinjiang Hotel complex.


Spencer Dodington (the architecture expert) would have been proud of my
spotting all these Art Deco details.

Close up



Let the lunching begin!

Warm smoked duck chest salad


Prawn tossed linguini

How those prawns handled all that pasta, I'll never know.

A rather unfortunate presentation of the Valrohna chocolate mousse.


Looked like the chef had an accident with the lemon cheesecake, too.


By now my astute readers have most likely clued into the fact that there aren't many photos or a lot of text with this blog entry. You have probably figured out that Esther and I have consumed better meals. Draw your own conclusions as to whether or not we would return to this one. Chalk it up as another lesson in our gastronomic exploration of Shanghai.


No comments: