Sunday, September 4, 2011

School's out for summah-May 18, 2011

Just in time for back to school...Yes, I have been more than a little slack in getting these posts out. Too bad! Better late than never! You'll survive!

All good things must come to an end. Why? That has to be one of the more ridiculous aphorisms. Nevertheless, here we found ourselves at the end of our school teaching year, my fellow volunteers and I. 

This brief video clip really does not do justice to the pandemonium that erupts each and every ten-minute break between classes. In the Chinese system, the students don't move from classroom to classroom, the teachers do. I guess the logistics of herding 35 students from one room to another might prove to be too much. Canada, take note. 



So much for my favourite rule learnt from a kindergarten teacher,
"Keep your body to yourself."
I think we also have a better idea now why the teachers move and not the students.


Distributing little Canadian stickers.


One of my students sporting said Canadian maple leaf sticker. 


 Miss Jiang, the homeroom teacher, Esther, fellow Canadian and volunteer teacher and yours truly


Gym class in the school courtyard


Esther and I say our final farewell in true Canadian style. 

See you in September, Tang Si School! 

No comments: