Sunday, October 2, 2011

Elizabeth and the teachers go out with a bang June 1, 2011

I know what you're thinking, "Any excuse to go out for lunch". Pretty much...

Seriously, this was the day my fellow volunteer teachers and I had chosen to celebrate our year-end. I must say, we wrapped it up in style! Our destination-the new and luxe Hotel Jumeirah. The draw-a buffet lunch of five-star quality, but at special introductory-offer prices. My kind of deal!


Hotel Jumeirah at night

Can't get a copy of this image on my blog.Too bad. The hotel really is quite spectacular, with constantly changing neon patterns all over the building. They really like their neon in Shanghai. 


Some lobby bar!

Yeah, this one didn't work out either.
 Oh, well. Enjoy my amateur shots below.


My photo, as if you couldn't tell.
This was a model of a fancy boat with a dragon head bow and pagodas in the mid-ships. 

My photos from here on, just so you know. 


The ceiling of the lobby bar. There was a continuously changing light show. 
Beautiful!



The restaurant
Apologies for the blurring. 
Boy! Do I ever have a long road to go before I'm a pro.


Me with Esther, the lady who taught me to lunch. 
It's all her fault. 
Yes! Remember how she started it all waaaaay back with that first lunch 
at Mr. and Mrs. Bund? Seems so long ago, I agree. 


Yan, gettin' her Asian "V" on, and Paulyn


The adorable little desserts


Not too adorable too eat!


Great presentation.
Yes, you can tell I'm a sucker for the sweet stuff.

A wonderful time was had by all. I hope we are teaching together again next year.

No comments: