Monday, October 1, 2012

Spaaaaahhh September 17, 2012

Please don't hate me for what I'm about to tell you. One of my new responsibilities this season with the Shanghai Expatriate Association (SEA) is Spa Coordinator. I know. It's a real hardship. I have to source, book and attend a monthly spa event. The last duty is the toughest. 

Here's what I was forced to endure my first month "on the job":

Qin Spa at the Four Seasons
Nourish, Nature and Yoga
Join Us at the Four Seasons Spa to celebrate autumn with:
Yoga in Hotel Spa yoga studio
Nourish and Nurture 

With autumn upon us, it is time to ensure your skin is being nurtured and nourished. The Nourish and Nurture package will exfoliate your skin to soften it and then we will massage you with our organic oils to deeply moisturize your body.
Scrub of Choice (45 min)

Massage of Choice (45 min)

Light, delicious refreshments with a talk on nutrition and detox in the Spa. You will choose the treatment over refreshment break.


The most difficult part for me, in all honesty, was the yoga. To me it's like a game of Twister, but nowhere near as fun. My apologies to all you yoga aficionados for that analogy. 

The reception area of the Qin Spa
Delicious, light, healthy food on the table in background


My treatment room! 
Can you believe it?!? So spacious cramped.


Yes, that's a tub to the right. 
No, I didn't have the chance to use it. 


I did use the rain head shower that is behind the door with the towel on it.
The other door is for the sauna. I know!


Robes, a safe and disposable undies.
They thought of everything.

That's it for the photos. You don't need to see me suffering through the treatment. Yes, it is indeed a cushy tough job. Good thing I'm here to do it. 
All kidding aside, I feel very blessed and lucky. I'm completely aware that not very many people have this opportunity. Thank you, God and the SEA.

No comments: