Friday, October 26, 2012

Walk and Gawk October 5, 2012


By now you know I'm a sucker for walking tours of all varieties, even the self-guided ones. My friend Tamara was game so we set off on a "treasure hunt" as outlined in Time Out Shanghai magazine. Every summer, they publish a series of hunts for fun and prizes. Although the deadline for entering had past, Tamara and I were still keen to poke around a new-to-us area of Shanghai that is the neighbourhood for East China Normal (love that name!) University (ECNU) and Changfeng Park.

Mao peeking out over the bushes at ECNU




The slogan of the school


Originality...hmmmm....

Mao up closer 


ECNU is the alma mater of Olympian Liu Xiang.
Cool!


Yum! "Fresh" seafood that's been sitting outside all morning.


Well, I have been meaning to drop some weight...


Do I really want to know what these are?

There was a big commotion, some sort of fender bender
with EVERYONE getting involved. 


It stopped when people in the crowd realized Tamara was recording the whole thing.

The motorized boats of Changfeng Park


Construction everywhere in this city


Clearly, I couldn't get enough of these watercraft.

Look at this lake in a city!


Tamara and me

Unknown child and me


Where the Haibaos frolic and play...


Speaking of play, thanks for coming out to play with me, Tamara!

No comments: