Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Arrival in Shanghai, China Aug 6, 2010

I don't know about anyone else, but just looking at that photo makes me choke up all over again. Uch! Time for a mood change! 



The flight over was the requisite 14 hours of sleepless discomfort, screaming little emperors and empresses, and, as a special bonus,  also included a retching 10 year old, who, while he made all the indicative sounds (lovely), did not actually upchuck on descent. Thank God for small mercies.

All our luggage arrived the same day and time we did.  A first for me in a long time. Seriously.


Yeehaw!! Ride 'em, Hare!



One fantastic feature of the Chinese Immigration and Customs procedure is that you can rate the service of the agent immediately after you're finished with him (and yes, I think they were all men). 

Oddly, they wouldn't let me take a picture of that.   


Rakesh was waiting for us (can you imagine he hadn't been?!?) with flowers for Vivian and me. A sweet touch.



Welcome bouquet on my dressing table.
 I have a dressing table!!!
Ooooohh! Fancy!







1 comment:

Alyson said...

I look forward to reading your blog and living vicariously through you while you are starting this exciting chapter of your life in Shanghai