Wednesday, August 25, 2010

First Combat Class Aug 13, 2010


Coolest surprise to date...the "Mega-Fight" class at my new local gym. I almost cried when I recognized the music, but that wouldn't have been very tough of me. Tears and boxing wraps do not mix!
My new gym does the same routines as my GoodLIfe gym in Toronto-the butt killer move, the crocodile push-up, (which I finally got! Sandy, Claudia and Oliver,  you would be proud!), the chute, the roundhouse kick. If this class is an example of a Chinese knock-off, I say bring it on.  I NEEEED to go to this class. I am afraid to find out what would happen if I didn't get my aggression out there. 

Of course, I brought up the level of the class , she modestly comments, but it's true! I'm a Combatter from Manulife! In this class, we actually get to hit the instructor. Yes, you know I did. Several times. He wanted me to! Really! I warned him first! I still think he was a little surprised. He knows now!

The most challenging part of this class is not blacking out in the 38 degree heat and 10000% humidity. O.K., so that's the outside weather, but it's not that much fresher inside. Still, I'm not complaining. I am thrilled to have this class. I just need more of them.



Lele, the instructor. He's a gooood instructor.



1 comment:

jenn said...

love your blog elizabeth... miss you but will enjoy tuning in frequently. the expo sounds... ah er... um .... thrilling