Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Elizabeth goes to Nanjing Road at night Sept 17, 2010

Friday night found us, Rakesh and me, Rich and Susan, all down on the Bund, first for drinks at the Signal Tower (no photos, sorry! Next time!), then to Mr. and Mrs. Bund for dinner.

You've already seen the dining room (refer to previous post), so here's the women's bathroom. Gorgeous! I'm ready to move in!




You didn't see this before. This is easily the world's biggest lampshade. It's also one of the private dining rooms at Mr. and Mrs. Bund. Fun, yes?

O.K. we eventually left the restaurant after an incredible meal. I didn't take photos for a change, so you'll have to use your imagination. Chances are I'll be back there again soon, so not to worry. You'll see the whole menu eventually!

After the Bund, we headed up Nan Jing Road, which you may or may not recollect from yet another one of my previous blogs. This strip is completely different at night. It really takes on a Vegas vibe.


Our first taste of bling


It goes on from there







Rakesh channelling his inner Buddha, easy to do after dinner!





Elizabeth gets artistic.
I actually rather like this one. A nod to all my bike-riding friends back home.


More bright lights, big city




Now watch what this building does






Pre-dee
I need to get out more


Energy crisis? What energy crisis?

I can find better examples of night neon in Shanghai. If you're lucky, you might see more!

1 comment:

sandra Boruszok said...

That is a cool lampshade!