Monday, November 8, 2010

Elizabeth has dinner with Jo Oct 21, 2010

How excited was I to have dinner with a Body Combat buddy from Toronto who was in Shanghai on business? If you said "Very", you would be correct.

Jo and I went to a swanky restaurant in the former French Concession called Sasha's. That was hard to figure out, right? The name is only in huge neon red letters on the front of the building.


This was actually someone's home, built in 1921. It's my kind of house!


Interior shots of upstairs, the more formal dining area



Jo and I getting ready to enjoy our dinner. 


Sorry this didn't turn out as clearly as I would have liked. I now need to practice my iPhoto editing skills.   
Jeez! One more thing to learn on the ol' technical skill list! Well, we both look gorgeous, that's all you need to know. 


Carrot soup, if I remember correctly.


Proscuitto


This was dessert, so of course I recorded all the details. 
This was vanilla pana cotta with strawberries and kiwi and chocolate and caramel sauces.


Mural 

One of the best parts of the evening was the ride back to Jo's hotel. We could not flag down a taxi to save our lives. So we went to Plan B, a scooter taxi. It's open at the back, about the size of a golf cart, fits two people sitting facing backward and goes like a bat out of hell. It was so much fun! I only screamed like a little girl a few times. Holding on for dear life helped to distract me from the driver's questionable navigation skills.


Safe and sound

I had such a good time with Jo here in Shanghai. Next time, it will be Body Combat class in Toronto.

No comments: