Friday, January 21, 2011

Jay's birthday celebration Jan 1 and 2, 2011

Although Jay turned twenty in Thailand, we also celebrated in Shanghai and spread it out the fun.

First order of the day, steak dinner. We went to a place called "Mr. Stone" where you can cook your own steak on a super-heated volcanic stone. The whole process made me a little nervous, quite honestly, all that spitting fat. At least we had protective aprons to wear!

Perusing the menu
Steak or steak?


We ordered the steak.
Are you surprised?


The birthday "boy"


The best shot I have of Hare, if you can believe it. The kid would not co-operate and give me a decent smile.


Next day, we had a trip to the spa for massages. Rakesh and I had the head and shoulder version while Jay opted for the head and foot combo. This was taken afterwards when he was as relaxed as a cooked noodle. Hare missed out. Maybe he'll want to try it for his birthday.


After, we all went to a local bike store. Not my choice, but you know all the guys loved it and hey, it wasn't my birthday.


Memories of Cyclemania?



The next afternoon, we went to the Moganshan district. You remember that place, right? The artistic area where graffiti is allowed? I went there way back in September. This time, I was accompanied by the family and my very own "tagger" who requested that I not show his face. I'm probably going to get in trouble for posting this, so enjoy it while you can.

Starting small


First step, the letters


Second, the outline


Getting acrobatic





Guess what Jay's tag is?



Montreal yo, yo, yo!



 Jay sprayed into the early evening. 
He had a ball doing this. 
We indulged him. It was his birthday, after all. 


He had an audience.








A tag for Hare


Now that's brotherly love.


No comments: