Friday, January 21, 2011

Marija's visit Jan 2 and 3, 2011

My friend Marija, her husband Paul and their two sons, had a stopover in Shanghai as part of their family Christmas vacation. How excited was I to see a friend from home? If you said "very", you'd be right!
The timing couldn't have been better. They arrived just as Jay left, so I had their presence to fill the Jay-sized hole.

You all need to know this about Marija, my dear readers. She is the woman who nagged encouraged me to write this blog. When she heard I was moving to Shanghai, she would say to me every time she saw me, "Elizabeth, you need to do a blog, you need to do a blog." As you can see, I took her words to heart and I am very glad I did. Thank you, Marija.


Dinner at a Xintiandi restaurant




Good food, great company

After, we headed to a local bar to listen to live music.

Getting silly


The next day, Marija, Paul and their sons and I 
went to the Tianzifang area off Tai Kang Lu.
Yes, you've seen this neighbourhood before. 


We puttered around and then went for a lunch at a charming, tiny Italian restaurant.
After, they had to make a beeline for the airport.
Their stay in Shanghai was short, but sweet.




Thank you, Paul, for being the "official photographer" of our time together. 
I can hardly wait to see you both again in Toronto.

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Marija was right! and it looks like you guys had a great time.

Paula said...

It's always great to have a friend when in far away places!! ;-)

jenn said...

E
Buffy! What a wonderful visit! Great photos! Right this very minute I am sipping a timmy's watching yet more snow fall. It's pretty and I'm not complaining(yes I am a little) but the drive in and around ALL day for work is a bit much! Loving the blog, loving it on facebook! Seeing pics of you I miss you all the more! Can't wait for a summer reunion! Xoxoxo j