Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Elizabeth lunches to support Heart to Heart April 13, 2011

Yes, I did it again, but for a great cause! How can you resist supporting a charity like this?



Our Mission-Heart to Heart Shanghai provides support and financial assistance to needy Chinese children who require heart surgery to repair their congenital heart defects.




Our Foundation-Heart to Heart Shanghai is:

  • A volunteer based community outreach group founded in June 2003 by concerned expatriates residing in Shanghai, China
  • A non-profit non-partisan voluntary private sector organisation based in Shanghai, China
  • Wholly administered by volunteers with no salaries or commissions paid or deducted from its funds

How can you resist those llittle faces!    


I have an extremely important role in this charity. I have volunteered to knit sweaters for the teddy bears that they sell to raise money. Hey! Every bit helps! I can certainly knit, I'm not qualified to do the surgery or the cardiac care nursing.

Heart to Heart held this luncheon to publicize a book that they will sell as a fundraiser. The book is called "Shanghai Snapshots" and is written by a French expat. It details, in brief "snapshot" format her experiences in this Chinese megalopolis.

I was early for the lunch, so I spent some time exploring Xiangyang Park near the restaurant. It's a gem of a little park. At the entrance I saw a crowd gathered to watch people skip. As near as I could figure out, it was some sort of lunch time physical fitness challenge.


Shades of Participaction (remember that?) 

Moving along through the park, I came to the restaurant, 
3.Top, which was right on the park.
Cool!

Its outside patio with a church in the distance


Looking immediately to my right


Looking back at the restaurant 
The green wall is fake. I'm sure it will be genuinely lush soon enough.


This is what I had for lunch from their menu of modern Asian fusion cuisine.


Delicious meal in the best setting I've seen in a long time, really interesting female company from all over the world AND we sold out of the little books, just among ourselves. I think that makes lunch a success. 

No comments: