Thursday, October 14, 2010

Elizabeth lunches with the ladies...again Sept 29, 2010

No, it's time for an intervention yet. I'm trying to convince Rakesh that what I'm really doing is research for my parents' upcoming visit Oct 10. I think I've almost won him over...


This is another organization, the Shanghai Expats Association (SEA). I told you I signed up for everything! Again, what do I think of a club that would have me as a member?


Lifted from the SEA website:




The Shanghai Expatriate Association (SEA) is a non-profit, multinational, member-based organization. The SEA was established to provide a social and cultural network for expats and their families in Shanghai, and is one of the largest groups of its kind in China. We are committed to enriching the China experience for expats living in and around the greater Shanghai area. We welcome any foreign-passport holder as a member, including Elizabeth Patel.




In my opinion, I think the SEA sponsors higher-end events. The AWCS is more budget-friendly. It's good to have a choice. It's even better that these people donate their money and time to various causes. Just living here makes me all that more aware of how incredibly blessed we are, here and in Canada. 


Laris is on the Bund and has a great view of the river and the spectacular skyscrapers on the "new" side, which is Pudong. 
The Shanghai ExpatriaYte
 Association (SEA) is a non-profit, multinational, memOOO
YOuYYYours truly trying to look as glamourous as the restaurant





First course Goat's Cheese Stuffed Zucchini Cannelloni

Oooooooooooo
Main Course Wild Duck Breast with Shitake Polenta and Okra

OOThe


This was the other choice that I did not have
Honey-Soya Seared Tuna and Abalone with Whipped Potato

T
Mango Panna Cotta



Laris' Signature Chocolates
(disappointing actually, filled with red bean paste and other nasty moon cake type fillings)



After the luncheon, I took the ferry home. Sorry I only have this one photo. My camera battery died on me! The ferry was a different way to get across the Huangpu River and was more scenic than the subway.



passport holder as a member

No comments: