Monday, October 25, 2010

Elizabeth shows you Japanese money October, 2010

I have to show you the Japanese money because it has such a surreal feel to it. The numbers are huge. I felt like the Dr. Evil character from the Mike Myers' movies whenever I bought anything, "Twenty thousand yen!" Little finger at the corner of your mouth is optional.

Take a look and you'll see what I mean.


10, 000 JPY ($126 CDN)


5, 000 JPY (you do the math)


1, 000 JPY ($12 CDN)
Really!?! 1, 000 is $12.
So odd.

I loved the coins. There are six denominations, but the ones I liked the best were the 50 yen coin (63 cents) and the 5 yen coin (6 cents! 6 cents!) because they have holes in them. I'm thinking I could use them to make some jewelry. They certainly aren't expensive. 



5 JPY and 50 JPY

We now return to our regular blog.

1 comment:

Sandra Boruszok said...

That is so funny!