Thursday, December 22, 2011

Back again for another Heritage Salon Dec 6, 2011


Yes! Another Heritage Salon at the Fairmont Peace hotel!


Even though this evening featured an Indian poet, Rakesh was not interested available to attend. 
The added bonus of this evening was an opportunity to check out one of the famous themed suites. 


Now would be a good time to confess I have a "thing" 
for hotel bath rooms.
My first stop in the suite, just to look, folks, just to look.



The shower enclosure (behind the half-frosted glass doors) 
has a view of the Bund. 



Bedroom


No Chinese hotel is complete without one of these.



Notice how this one is waaaay nicer than the one in 
the Guangzhou hotel?
That's the power of a beautiful, customized velvet bag.


The sitting room where the poetry reading took place.



Detail of ceiling light


Door frame closer up




Decorative detail



Door from sitting room to dining room



A window



My experimentation with a different camera technique


It worked! Maybe there's hope for me yet as a photographer. 
Now you also see the view over to Pudong.

The furniture


After the reading, which had me enthralled, and some savoury Indian snacks, it was time for me to go. I decided to take the back stairs instead of the elevator to see the the side not often seen. 

The back stairs



A different view of the landing



A window on the back stairs

Original fixtures, original tile


A few floors down, a very pretty stained glass window


Talk about a hidden gem!
Not anymore...

I wonder what surprises the next salon will bring?

No comments: