Sunday, February 13, 2011

Elizabeth revisits Moganshan Feb 11, 2011

I went with my friend, and fellow Canadian, Esther. She had never been and I offered to show her around. Even though this was my third visit, I still discovered new sights.

While this isn't new, I was thrilled it was still up. 


A proud mother moment. 
*sniff*

Someone else I know will be pleased to see these.

On to the new sights...

This was spied outside of Moganshan when Esther and I were climbing a stair case to check out what we thought was a gallery, but was really someone's living space. Oops. Anyway, no harm done and we caught a glimpse of old Shanghai. Check out the old mansion in the distance.


Closer shot, old and new
The bicycle cart in the front gives you an idea of scale.


Another old villa
Contrast of bygone splendour with newfound squalor


Love this
Ancient and modern

East superimposed on West
Iconic Shanghai mop drying in background


Never a dull moment in Moganshan!

No comments: