Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Elizabeth roughs it in Shanghai Feb 16, 2011

For those of you who know me, I do not camp. My idea of camping is a hotel with no room service. I generally try and avoid the great outdoors and the hardship associated with living in it. As one of my brothers once said, "Buffy, I don't think I've ever seen you in a natural setting."

I foolishly neglected to pack a cocktail shaker in our shipment my carry-on luggage. I am too cheap frugal to buy one when I have a beautiful red and white one waiting for me back home in Toronto.

So, I had to improvise. Forget about the zipper, telephone, ski doo and Blackberry. These photos demonstrate Canadian ingenuity at its finest.


So sad.
No proper jigger or shaker. I had to use measuring cups and
 a Chinese style travel mug 
with sieve for the loose tea leaves. 


It's not even the right type of glass! 
Oh, the humanity!!

This is the closest I have come to camping and it scared me.  
I will struggle on valiantly. 

1 comment:

Sandy said...

For the record: I also do not "camp".