Saturday, December 18, 2010

Elizabeth "Christmas lunches"... Dec 2, 2010

...and invents a new verb in the process.

OK, I'm not ready for an intervention yet as this was a special occasion, the American Women's Club of Shanghai (AWCS) Holiday Lunch. It was held at the gorgeous Fairmont Peace Hotel. Remember? The same hotel where Dad, Wendy, Rakesh and I went for a drink back in October. The AWCS luncheon was in the ballroom.


The tables were all set and waiting when we arrived, champagne flute in hand.


Ladies, prepare to lunch.


I thought these plates would look fabulous at Carlaw, but I couldn't fit a whole set in my bag.


Closer shot of the pretty festive greenery


The first course
Grilled asparagus in a parmesan basket with vine ripened tomato confit, goat's cheese and chive oil


My choice of entree
Cinnamon glazed duck breast, dumplings with chestnuts and apple, sweet potatoes and winter greens
I am making myself hungry typing this!


Dessert
Rhubarb creme brulee with ginger shortbread

Absolutely delicious.  I feel so fortunate to be able to enjoy a meal like this.

No comments: