Monday, December 13, 2010

Elizabeth lunches with a Torontonian Nov 30, 2010

This meal should be of special interest to a certain Canadian. You know who you are!

Guess where we went?




Yes, you got it!
 Kathleen's, a lovely restaurant on the rooftop of the Shanghai Art Museum.

Jane and I enjoying a delicious meal.


I know. I neglected to photograph our main course. I was so excited about having lunch with a fellow Torontonian that I forgot. We enjoyed a beef tenderloin with frites and a glass of Beaujolais Nouveau. Oui! Le Beaujolais Nouveau est arrive, meme a Shanghai! 


I did manage to snap dessert before demolishing it, an amazing banana cake with caramel sauce. This is especially noteworthy as China is not known as being a country that bakes. 

View from the restaurant overlooking People's Park


View of the Shanghai Art Museum's Clock Tower from Kathleen's restaurant

The clock design is vaguely reminiscent of the one at Parliament Hill. Sniff. Spot the slightly homesick Canuck.


No, that's not me. I was taking the picture, silly!


Parliament Hill Peace Tower, so you can comment on the similarities...


OK, trust me, after three attempts to upload an image, you've just got to take my word for it or Google it yourself. 

After lunch, we happened upon a modern art exhibit outside the main door.

The main door


The exhibit


It was called "Oil Monsters". Take a closer look and you'll see why.




You know I'm going to say it, the Shanghai Art Museum is yet one more place I need to come back to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good lunch choice. Thanks for looking after Jane.

Kathleen