Sunday, March 27, 2011

Elizabeth gets glam March 19, 2011

Yes, it is possible. I had a very good reason to get all gussied up. It was for the Concordia Gala, held every year to raise money for the school and its charitable projects. 

I went from this...



... to this.


Yeah, thanks. I clean up well. 
I need to work on my red carpet pose though.
Maybe Vivian can give me some tips.

To look this good it only took a small army of hair stylists, manicurists, alterationists and a couple consultations with various friends, Cynthia being among them. Here she is with her husband Scott, all dolled up and raring to go.



Rakesh and the Reluctant Relocator
Got to give him some space on here.


Yes, the dress was cut open all the way 'round to the waist.
Hey! I don't go to the gym for my health!

Rakesh and I sashayed into the Sheraton Hotel, site of the Gala.
The theme was "A Parade of Nations".
I was proud to see Canada prominently represented. 


No, there's more! 


That's better!

There were many items to bid on in the Silent Auction, everything from framed photos to luxurious gift baskets to stays at tropical vacation homes. The variety was truly mind-boggling.

We looked over all the fantastic offerings while enjoying cocktails and hors d'oeuvres. Then all the guests were ushered into the dining room where a Brazilian dance band greeted us. Talk about high energy! Woo!


Recognize the non-Brazilian dancer? He made me dance with him.
Yeah, that's it. He made me.


You can tell I hated every second of it.


Our table


My friend Jill's husband, Eric, and I


Rakesh and a new friend


The remainder of the meal was a blur of amazing appetizers, delicious beef tenderloin and the incredible dessert buffet. Afterwards, we danced our little feet off. You all know how much I hate dancing! There was a ton of money raised and a ton of fun had by all. I can hardly wait 'til next year's Gala!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

You looked gorgeous! Love the dress.

Jennifer said...

Wow! Great dress! You look fantastic.

Raymond Scholz said...

Wow, hot! I suggest you change youre FB profile pic.